The Reentry Project and partnering news organizations hosted a community event Monday evening at the African American Museum in Philadelphia called “If These Walls Could Talk: Solving Reentry and Recidivism.”
In the photographs:
Sara Lomax-Reese, president and CEO of WURD Radio welcomed the audience.
The crowd packed the auditorium and overflowed slightly into the corridor.
From left, host Solomon Jones of WURD moderated a panel including:
• Valerie Todd-Listman – Mothers In Charge, Group Facilitator in the Philadelphia Prisons
• Zane Memeger – Former United States attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
• Leon King II – Former Philadelphia Prisons Commissioner
• Reuben Jones – Co-Founder and Executive Director of Frontline Dads
• Emma Restrepo – Freelance journalist and host at El Zol radio
Returning citizen Lindsey Massarelli of Philadelphia participates in a “Story Booth” which was staffed by WHYY and PhillyCam, as well as The Reentry Project.
This event was organized by WURD Radio, the Philadelphia Media Network, WHYY Newsworks and The Reentry Project.
Generocity Philly reported on the event. Read the story: Here are the 3 steps everyone agrees we need to take to tackle recidivism